Join our Film Society and enjoy exclusive benefits, sneak previews, film discounts, and more throughout the year.
If you are unable to attend, but still wish to contribute, please click here to donate to these local Ptown non profit organizations!
NOTE: Waters Edge Cinema is unable to accommodate pets during the Cat & Dog Short Film program. Dogs are welcome at the Carnival of the Dogs and cats & pups are invited to the reception!
Sunday, June 23, 2013
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE PLEASE:
Contact: Jeff Hill
PROVINCETOWN INTERNATIONAL FILM FESTIVAL
2013 AWARD WINNERS ANNOUNCED
Sunday June 23, 2013 (PROVINCETOWN, MA) -- The 2013 Provincetown International Film Festival award winners were announced this evening.
Prizes were given to the following films:
- HAUTE CUISINE (Directed by Christian Vincent) - HBO Audience Award Best Narrative Feature.
- TWENTY FEET FROM STARDOM (Directed by Morgan Neville) HBO Audience Award Best Documentary Feature.
- SELINA TRIEFF WILL NOT STOP (Directed by Marnie Crawford Samuelson) HBO Audience Award Best Short Film.
- MOMS MABLEY: I GOT SOMETHIN’ TO TELL YOU (Directed by Whoopi Goldberg) - The John Schlesinger Award (given to a first time documentary or narrative feature filmmaker)
- SETUP, PUNCH (Directed by David Schlussel) - Jury Award / Live Action Short Film
- FEAR OF FLYING (Directed by Conor Finnegan) - Jury Award / Animated Short Film
- THE RIVER (Directed by Sam Handel) - Jury Award / New England Short Film
- I AM TOM MOODY (Directed by Ainslie Henderson) - Jury Award / Student Short Film
As previously announced, Cinematographer Ed Lachman (TRUE STORIES, FAR FROM HEAVEN, ERIN BROCKOVICH) received the Faith Hubley Career Achievement Award (sponsored by the MALLRD Foundation), Harmony Korine received the Filmmaker on The Edge Award (sponsored by the Coolidge Corner Theatre Foundation).
Presenting Sponsors of the 2013 Festival were HBO, Crown & Anchor, MALLRD Foundation, Bubala's, Local 186, Xfinity, Ultra. Official Card: American Express.
About PFS & PIFF:
The Provincetown Film Society, Inc. (PFS) is the year-round organization and home of the 15-year-old Provincetown International Film Festival (PIFF) and the Waters Edge Cinema. PFS is dedicated to showcasing new achievements in independent film and honoring the work of acclaimed and emerging directors, producers and actors. This is achieved through its 5-day Festival in June as well as its year-round theater operation , the Waters Edge Cinema. PFS is equally devoted to expanding the audience for independent film and to serving our Provincetown and Outer Cape community by filling the void for annual film programming and reflecting the community's rich diversity in our selected films and honorees. An integral part of PFS's mission is to contribute to the economic and creative vitality of America's oldest art colony.
Facebook / Twitter: @PtownFilmFest